Monday, August 29, 2016

It's been awhile since I have posted. Lots of stuff going on at work, but I think it will be resolved in the next few weeks.

Anyway, I was going through a box of writing notes and I found an email I wrote to a friend in June  2000. That friend named Amy H incidentally passed away two years later, which still makes me sad. I had written to my dear friend that I wanted to write a book of short stories called "Isn't it a Jupiter moment and other short stories of modern girl's life." I think that Jupiter reference must come from that Train song that I don't even know that I really like, and I have no idea what that story wouldn't have been about. But here are the titles to the short stories in this book that I wanted to write:

  • Isn't it a Jupiter moment?
  • My thing with Steve
  • Putting up the Sun Shade
  • His Tenses freak me out (this title makes me laugh)
  • Art is scary
  • The Bat Mobile Car
  • Loking through a big glass ball
  • The Blue Haired Buddah on Union Street
  • We were just chatting online
  • Dreaming of Texas (I turned this story into a novel)
  • Watch out for the Gnats
  • It's way to deep for me
  • Flashbacks at the produce section
  • Tall and white from Detroit
  • Sundown on the Bay Bridge
  • Four California Girls in a Car
I read the titles and I sort of remember why I wanted to write the story. But then there are some titles that I have no idea what story was supposed to go with that title.

As a friend would say, if you can't remember why you wanted to write the story, then it must not have been that important.

I am thinking it might be fun to do free writes on these titles just to see what comes out. And I can see myself doing that on a day when I can't work on the writing I am supposed to be working on, and I want to write something.

No comments: