Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, January 06, 2003

Check out this interesting website, Noindoctrination.org - A Non Profit Organization Promoting Open Inquiry in Academia. I heard the woman who started this website interviewed on Pete Wilson's radio show on KGO.

I'm glad I went to a small private college, because most of the university controversies seems to go on at public schools. My college didn't even have a "D" grade for most of the time while I was there, which meant if you received a grade below a C in a class, the class was dropped off your transcript. How cool was that. There was also, as I remember, a balance of liberal and conservative professors and we were taught to think for ourselves. If there was indoctrination, I wasn't aware of it. In my high school though, there was major indoctrination in the political liberal viewpoint. But I grew up to be somewhat a political conservative. so maybe indoctrination doesn't really work in the long run but is just the issue du jour.

No comments: