Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, January 19, 2003

I caught part of the North/South Senior Football Bowl yesterday in between errands. During the half time, I watched the senior football players take their shirts off and get weighed and measured before a room full of pro football scouts and coaches. The announcers said that sometimes players don't give their correct weight and height, so this process checks them.

It was very weird watching the whole process. I was first reminded of an animal auction, and then a slave auction that I've seen depicted in movies. But if these guys make it to NFL, they will get paid bucket loads of money. Some guy from the Detroit Lions said, "Some of these players are taller than I thought they were, and thicker too." Wow. The coaches and scouts really pay attention to a player's physical attributes. I had no idea.

No comments: