Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, January 04, 2003

I decided I need to start going to the gym again, because that monthly membership gets taken out of my checking account every month whether I go or not and I hate to waste money. I haven't been to the gym in months! I'm bad.

I got on the exercise bike, and did the five minute fit test and my result was "excellent". Then I did the bike cardio program for 30 minutes, and lifted weights for an hour, and now I'm sore as heck. I like lifting weights. I'm a product of Title IX in public schools and I played sports in my youth, so I've been weightlifting since I was 13 years old. That's a long time. And when you build muscles you've got to keep doing it for the rest of your life, otherwise you get all saggy. It's kind of a nasty cycle I think, so it's good thing I enjoy it.

I like how when you want to build up your arms, it's so easy to get definition. Legs are the hardest to train, because you're on on your feet all day so you've really got to do a lot of repetition just to work them. But I must have worked them this afternoon, because my legs are really sore. I did all the machines, and there's two for every leg part, and did 3 sets of 10-12 reps.

Then I came home in time to watch the ending of the Colts/Jets game, and highlights of the Jets whacking the Colts. What a blowout! The NY Jets are hot! Watch out! The NY Jets might be superbowl bound. Then I watched Atlanta beat the Packers, and got chilled from looking at the snow flurries.

I'm not getting a good feeling about the 49er/NY Giants game tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the home team wins, but NY Giants look hot as well. I'm hoping that Cleveland beats the Steelers, so the NY Jets will have come to Oakland to play the Raiders. That will be a fun game, and it would worth it to get tix to see that matchup.

Skip Bayless from the Mercury News said on the Jim Rome radio show "The Jungle", he was the guest host on Thursday and Friday, that if 49ers win then Mariucci is out. SFGate had a similar article. To tell you the truth, I've never been a big Mariucci fan. I don't know, but he's like too touchy feely for my taste. During a 49er/Raider game a few years ago, Mariucci was on the sidelines holding hands with the players and watching a field goal attempt. What's up with the hand holding? I don't know. I watched the scene thinking "that is so not football".

Bayless also said Mariucci has no killer instinct, and that if Mariucci is out Mike Holmgren is in, because he'll be able to get out of his Seattle contract. Holmgren still owns that bar in the Marina, which I've been to a few times. It's a nice place, but the crowd when I was there was older with everyone in their 50's and 60's and country club types. I was told the guy who owns Morton & Basset Spices hangs out in the bar, and was even there during one of my visits.

Mike Holmgren and the 49ers. Interesting combo. What about Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells? Bayless predicts that with Parcells, the Cowboys will be superbowl contenders in 3-4 years. I remember being at a 49er game and the crowd cheering when it was announced Dallas had lost a game. Someone on the show even predicted Troy Aikman coming back out of retirement to play with Parcells for one year. Gotta love your NFL football, so much drama!

No comments: