Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, January 13, 2003

I suppose I should comment on President Bush's latest tax cut proposal. I'm against it for the following reasons:

1) a lowered tax revenue due to a faltering stock market and ecomony. Those so called budget surpluses were estimates based on a continuing strong economy.
2) it doesn't address the Alternative Minimum Tax, which affects more and more people every year.
3) if the US is fighting a war on terrorism, doesn't it take money to fight this war? What about increasing spending for the new Homeland Security Department?
4) I read somewhere that the proposed war on Iraq is estimated at costing $4 billion. I know the Iraq war plan includes seizing the Iraqi oil fields to help pay for the war, but the logistics of the seizure don't make sense. Even if we could seize the oil fields, how do we pay for the war till then?
5) don't we need money to pay for a possible war with North Korea?
6) The UK Telegraph is reporting that America is veering towards the biggest hole ever in its government finances as the cost of tax cuts and increased military spending threaten to unsettle the world's largest economy.

Need I say more? It's just like budgeting at home. More money going out than coming in makes for a bad financial situation at home and for our federal government.

No comments: