Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, January 13, 2003

I'm taking advantage of San Francisco's Dining About Town 2003, and have reservations at Hawthorne Lane, Bacar and the Pacific Restaurant at the Pan Pacific Hotel. I've always wanted to check out the Pan Pacific Hotel, so this is my excuse.

On Saturday I had lunch at Postrio, which was great. The menu lunch prices weren't that bad, and I'll probably eat there again when I'm downtown shopping.

I'm trying to decide if I want to spend more money and try Boulevard, and go back to Farralon. Farralon is a great restaurant; beautifully decorated and heavenly food. I want to try restaurants I've never been to, and although I've been to Farralon before, I just love this restaurant.

The money that's spent goes to Meals on Wheels, a service that delivers meals to homebound elderly people. It's a fun way to donate money to charity as well as try new restaurants for budget prices.

On Saturday, there was an event at Union Square Park to kick off Dine About Town 2003. I heard something about it on the radio, but forgot and made reservations to eat at Postrio. For $10, you could go into a tent and sample food from all the participating restaurants as well as meet the chefs. I was bummed out, but the lines were really long to get in so that made me feel better about not going.

For entertainment, they had a band made up of restaurant people including Joey Altman from the Food Network. Altman isn't a bad guitar player! He's also much better looking in person, than he is on TV. Too bad that accent of his annoys me to no end.

No comments: