Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, January 21, 2003

I've been measuring myself again, and although I seem to be on weight plateau, I've lost an inch off my waist and an inch off my booty. I've had two weightlifting sessions this month, so maybe that's the difference because I've been the same weight for three weeks now.

I'm not freaking out just yet, because I can't complain about an inch loss off my hips and my tummy, but I just wish the scale would move. Maybe my body is shifting again, and my body needs to get caught up. Maybe the weightlifting I've done has added more muscles, and muscles weigh more and that explains the weight plateau. I don't know.

I wonder if I'll lose my hips or are they permanent now. I never used to have them. Hips do make certain types of clothing fit better, like jeans and skirts. With my hips, I can finally wear women's pants. At my thinnest in high school, I could only wear a men's size 29 jeans. They were the only jeans that fit my waist and my hips.

I once had a seamstress friend design a dress for me. When she was draping fabric around my body, she got frustrated and kept saying over and over again that I had no hips to hold the fabric up. But that was when I was younger. Now I have hips galore, and although I'm not very fond of these lumps on the sides of my body, I do like how they make clothes shopping easier.

No comments: