Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, January 11, 2003

Power Outage

There's a power outage in my neighbourhood. It happened just as I watching the Eagles/Falcons game. I'm sure hardcore football enthusiasts not to mention bars are upset by the lack of power.

I'm listening to the news, and surfing the net on my baby laptop. The phone lines are still working, and I just put some batteries in my portable cd player in case I want to listen to music. The radio news is reporting that PG&E has no idea how long the outage will last or why it happened.

I'm very well prepared for emergencies, so I'm okay. This is a good test of my preps, but what an inconvenience. I've been thinking of buying a battery operated TV for emergencies, and now I think I will.

No comments: