Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, January 08, 2003

The ratings for "Joe Millionaire" are out, and it was an incredible success. The beginning was boring, but I loved it. I totally loved it! I love the catiness of the women; I love the insecurity of the I think incredibly unattractive cro-magnon bachelor man, and I love the corny as all heck butler. This is so much interesting than that frothy and idiotic Sex and the City. Real life is so much more interesting than fiction.

I heard an interview with Katy, one of the women who was rejected on the first night, and she said that all the women received an all expenses paid vacation in Paris for a month, and it was totally worth it for the free trip. I mean, I think I'd get on the show for a free one month trip to Paris, but I've also been fantasizing on going on "Love Connection" for years. Remember that old TV dating show?

I'm writing a novel on women's power games, and this show is like a bonanza of research material for me for how competitive women really are and how they behave. I got a big taste of bitchy, nasty competitiveness women at my last job, but that was on the career business level. I think how women play high stakes power games in corporations is similar to how they play power games with men, and it will be interesting to see if I'm right. People say men are nasty power game players, and they're right, but women aren't that far behind. Men at least don't seem to take the business stuff personally, whereas the women I've had to deal with were totally scary vicioius people. I never felt fear going up against a man in a business meeting, but I've learned to become very wary of women, especially women VPs or women who would kill to be VPs. And believe me, they would literally kill to be VPs.

No comments: