Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, October 30, 2003

A friend called today, and I mentioned to her that I thought my dead grandma was visiting me. My friend, who grew up catholic and even graduated from catholic high school, told me that my grandma was visiting me because she wanted to me to go to mass on either Day of the Dead or All Soul's Day and light a candle for her.

She said I should go to the Mission and find a catholic church, but then she said I may not find any candles to light so I should just pick any catholic church and go to a service and light a candle.

Grandma always did lov e buying those candles and lighting them. I checked out a couple of services. The Mission Dolores Church in the Mission has a Saturday vigil service at 5 pm on Saturday, and the huge St. Mary's Cathedral near Civic Center has an earlier service at 12:05 pm.

I'll decide on Saturday which one to attend. I think my grandma would have loved both churches.

No comments: