Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, October 12, 2003

I just watched "The Passion" trailer, which is the new Jesus movie by Mel Gibson. It was very graphic and it made me weep. It's like all those years of having to do stations of the cross at easter came back and I was in tears and so upset at JC being whipped, beated and crucified.

I felt like I was an overly hormonal 13 year old again, crying night after night over JC being crucified, and wondering how could people could be so cruel.

I still don't get it, the cruelty, mean thing. I see it all the time in people I know, it's very subtle but it's there. People crucify each other every day, and for no good reason. I don't understand it, even though I know I've done it myself.

My problem is, I know when I'm being intentionally mean and I feel bad about it for a long time. It's like I've crucified Christ when I'm mean to someone, and it freaks me out and makes me think if I was there, what would I have been shouting? Crucify him or have mercy on him? I can't honestly say what I would have said.

No comments: