Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, October 09, 2003

I went to the dentist this afternoon so he could put a new crown in. My jaw really hurts now. It doesn't matter how much they numb you up, all that poking of your gums still hurts for a long time afterwards.

Since my dentist's office is near Union Square, I went to the MAC counter at Macy's to buy some lipstick. Those MAC girls at the counter are so scary looking. They wear their makeup like they're trying to mimic a Christian Dior model in the ads I've seen in the high fashion glossy magazines.

What looks great on a model in a Chrstian Dior advert, sadly looks horrid close up in real life, especially on women who don't have model cheekbones or faces.

Those girls are doing MAC cosmetics such a disservice. I'd be afraid to buy makeup or having someone put make up on me who looked like these girls. They are truly frightening.

Someone needs to clue them in that the heroin waif look only looks good on actual heroin addicts from NYC or fashion models, and not on suburb girls who look they appreciate the taste of donuts way too much. That, and the herion addict clown waif look is just darn old.

It's the year 2003 ladies, time to move on to the next fashion trend. It's like seeing women wearing those black leather backpacks. God, that look is so over done, so tired, so old and so K-mart!

No comments: