Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Just filled out my absentee ballot, and will take it down to the polling place in awhile.

I voted No on the Recall, No on 53, and No on 54, and for insurance I voted Yes for Cruz Bustamante. I almost protest voted for Tom McClintock but I could feel my dead dad, a dyed in the wool union democrat freaking out, so I let that feeling pass.

If The Terminator gets in, we wouldn't be the first state to put someone like him in office. Minnesota voted Jesse Ventura, the wrestler, as their governor a few years ago. Ventura turned out to be a lame duck governor.

I think it will be an interesting dilemma for the GOP party in California if Arnold gets in. Are they going to change their social platform because Arnie is a RINO (republican in name only) after all? There are no other republicans in the state with Arnie's moderate social views. If this was a regular election, Arnold wouldn't even had won a statewide GOP primary and everybody knows that.

Cali is a weird state though. It's so huge and hard to poll. In the 2000 election, the pollsters kept saying up until election day that Bush would win the state and they were so wrong. I mean wrong, big time!

If Arnold gets in, then people in Cali have gotten desperate and are willing to give the other party a try. My birth state, who I never thought would ever elect a republican governor, did so. Hawaii is so democrat, it's the only state that voted for McGovern in 1972.

But the demise of the Japanese economy and a few natural disasters wreaked the state's economy, and after many years of recession voters had enough and voted the republicans in.

Cali might be in a similar state. I don't know. We'll find out.

No comments: