Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, October 19, 2003

No writing today, and I feel guilty. I was on such a roll this week. I may write in my journal before I go to bed.

I did read two essays on writing by Octavia E. Butler, a black female science fiction writer. I think I want to eventually concentrate on fantasy/science fiction writing.

It's the the most thought provoking type of writing there is, and I love how as a writer you will have the ability to create brand new worlds.

I don't think I've seen any classes on learning the craft of fantasy/science fiction writing, and I missed the JR Tolkien seminars that the Learning Annex ran this year. Hopefully they'll have the seminars again. They were booked up, so I'm sure they were very popular.

No comments: