Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, October 27, 2003

So I told a bunch of girls in art class to go see Kill Bill, but I did warn them that if their only exposure to kung fu movies was Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and The Matrix, they wouldn't like it.

Maybe I should have warned them about all the blood and gore, but oh my god, those were the best and funniest parts of the movie. Of course, I was the only one in the theatre laughing my head off but still. Gotta love a movie with tons of squirting blood and cut off limbs flying all over the screen.

People take stuff so seriously. It's just typical asian movie crappy special movie effects. It's so fake looking, that I can't believe people think it's real blood and get all grossed out. See this is what happens when you watch a movie that's an homage to a genre that you know nothing about, or you've never been exposed to.

You don't get how cool the awful special effects are. You don't get how great the stitled dialogue and sappy music is. You don't get how hard it is to actually write stuff this bad on purpose and not by accident or because you're in a hurry.

But if you have, you realize that Quentin Tarantino is an absolute genius!

No comments: