Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, October 21, 2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Time_Traveler's_Wife

I saw the movie "The Time Traveler's Wife" a few months and liked it so much I decided to read the book.  The movie was very much like the book, although a much abbreviated version.

The book had several quotes from the book "Possession" by A.S. Byatt, which I read years ago and now want to reread.  Perhaps I will like "Possession" more the second time around, since I wasn't hat impressed by it when I first read it.

I'm not sure I liked "The Time Traveler's Wife" novel, which is strange because the book itself was quite riveting.  How shall I say it, the novel did not touch me as much as I thought it would. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but whatever it was I didn't get it from the novel.

The novel had no big revelations about love or free will, even though the theme of love and free will is rampant throughout the book. Maybe the science fiction part sort of confused things for me, I don't know.

Okay, this is bad but I was more moved by "The Mummy" by Anne Rice than by this novel.  I don't think anyone would call "The Mummy" a classic, I mean I even know that this book is nothing more than decent trash.  But Anne Rice's trash novel moved me more than this new novel.  Too bad because I felt so sure "The Time Traveler's Wife" novel would be so much better than the movie, but it wasn't. The movie was very moving and novel, not so much.  Usually the book is better than the movie, but not this time.


No comments: