Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, November 04, 2002

Busy weekend. On Saturday I went to the museum to see the Egypt exhibit, and I guess I should have known, but the hordes were there as well. People just love Egyptian exhibits. There were so many parents with children there, which was very cool, but the little ones were screaming and crying and throwing tantrums and fits, which is kind of hard to take at 9:30 in the morning.

Perhaps if I hadn't already been to the British Museum and seen their Egyptain room I wouldn't have been disappointed, but this exhibit was small as is the case with most travelling exhibits. But for people who have never been to the British Museum, the exhibit must have seemed fantastic. The exhibit had all the "greatest hits" of the British Museum's egyptian collection including the famous Ani Book of the Dead scroll and a giant egyptian statue head that had never left the British Museum before. Still, I did enjoyed the exhibit immensely only because you have to marvel that these artifacts are so incredibly ancient.

Then I went to see Merci Pour le Chocolat and Rivers and Tides, the documentary on Andy Goldsworthy. More on those movies later. Then I went to see the San Francisco Symphony. A friend who works for them called me on Friday and said she had tickets and would I like to go. Of course I said yes, and we heard Mozart's Piano Concerto # 23. Ivan Moravec played the piano and Jiri Belohlavek of the Prague orchestra was conducting. She had great tickets too and we were in the orchestra, where the seats normal cost $70.

I was non stop from 9 am and I didn't get home till 11 pm. By Sunday I was exhausted. I went to church, came home and watched the 49ers/Raiders game and would have gone to library to get on a computer and blog, but the game went into overtime and by the time it was over, the library was closed.

I'm a little behind in my novel at 4,245 words, instead of the 5,001 word target I needed to be by end of Sunday. Pocket Word doesn't have a word count feature, so my word count is just an estimate based on the number of words per average line and the actual number of lines. Such a pain. I'm calling the computer place today to find out what what the status is my computer. I really miss it, and although I'm grateful to have the baby laptop to write, it's a not ully functioning word processing program. This whole computer failure problem has been such an eye opener on how dependent I am on my computer, and how I have to make sure I'm never in this situation ever, ever again.

No comments: