Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, November 04, 2002

I'm might try and blog from home by sending a post via email. I forgot I set up my account to do that while I was in LA. The formatting will probably be messed up, but I can fix it the next day.

I called CompUSA and a technician is "supposed" to look at my pc tonight. I'm not holding my breath that I'll get my PC until Friday or worse Monday. A little voice in my head keeps telling I'll get my PC back by Wednesay, but that little voice has been wronig before.

I'm definitely buying a laptop, if my PC is fixed. I found one I liked, and I can get it for a decent price. Even if my PC is fixed, it's an old PC and if it breaks again, then at least I'll have the laptop so I can work until I buy a new PC.

My laptop choice is an IBM Thinkpad 600X, with a 12 gig hard drive and a 500 chip brain. The laptop is off lease, was refurbished and is on warranty until July 2003, which is nice in case it breaks. I'll synchronize my email on the laptop and the PC. All my important files will go on a CD and be erased off my PC, and all current files will be synchronized to be on the laptop and PC. I think I'll also keep a daily copy of my current files on either a floppy disk or a cd, but I can't decide which media to use. I'll have to resarch how to deal with Palm stuff, but I'm sure business travellers have been able to solve this problem.

This double system will force me to do some major housecleaning on my email, since I know I still have emails from 1997. I'm an email packrat. I also have receipts of everything I've bought online saved as well, which I probably don't need anymore. I'm bad huh?

No comments: