Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, July 16, 2004

I saw Spiderman 2 this evening.  It was a really good movie, much better than I expected.  Alfred Molina was so good in his role, but I keep picturing as the uptight husband in "Enchanted April" and the uptight government official in "Chocolat".
 
I was so relating to Peter Parker's dilemma of wanting to lead a normal life.  I've been feeling like that for a few weeks, wishing I was more like other people.  I think it's the curse of being an enneagram type 4 - the artist, with a 5 wing - the intellectual.
 
I'm creative, but I'm also very left brained and analytical.  It's a strange combo, and not very common from what I can tell.  I always feel that no matter what I do, I live in two worlds.  I'm not thing or another, but both.  It's an odd way to be, and I end up feeling isolated and lonely much of the time. 
 
Plus, it doesn't help that I'm not happy in my job.  The work is good and the people are nice, but I had a nasty experience and I don't know how to get over it.  The head of my group got really mad at me for something, when all I was trying to do prevent her from making an fool out of herself.  She yelled at my boss, who then gave me the third degree the next morning.  I don't mind that the head of the group yelled at my boss, which made my boss yell at me, but she didn't apologize.
 
She's the first manager I've had that hasn't apologized even when she found out she was wrong.  But then most of my bosses have been men, and I think I just don't know how to deal with women in positions of power.  My only experience of women in power was on the school, and it feels like I'm back in highschool and the "Heathers are in charge".
 
Whatever.  I'm never going to be able to stop being who I am, and stop doing what comes naturally.  Peter Parker figured that out in the movie and dealt with it.  I guess I just need to do the same.

No comments: