Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, July 05, 2004

I woke up on the Fourth of July out of the weirdest dream. I was with some guy, I think he was a boyfriend or a husband, some guy, whose face I couldn't see. We were going to a baseball park, and it was Fenway Park. Fenway Park? I don't even know where Fenway Park is and had to ask a friend of mine. I thought it was in Chicago, but my friend corrected me and said Fenway Park was in Boston, and that Chicago's baseball park is called Wrigley Field. And I'm like whatever. The point is I'm dreaming about going to a baseball park that I know nothing about.

So in the dream, we get to the park and I find out that I left the tickets back in San Francisco. The scene fades and I'm back in my apartment and staring at the tickets to Fenway Park that are stuck to the fridge, because that's where I stick all my tickets. And then I wake up.

What a weird dream! But maybe not so weird as it turns out. I had tickets to go with a friend of mine to SBC Park to see the Giants play the A's. She'd never been to new baseball park, so I thought it might be fun for us to go. Plus, it was around her birthday so it was like part of her birthday present.

I tell my friend the dream and she says that SBC park was modelled after Fenway Park. And then she tells me that she has some kind of karma with baseball parks. She grew up in the Bronx near Yankee Stadium, so her whole childhood was spent dealing with the effects of people going to the game. And now currently her office is two blocks from SBC park, so now she has to deal with the effects of people going to baseball games and having it affect her commute home.

And the game we went to was a good game. The Giants lost, and that wasn't fun but so many weird things happened. Mark Mulder beaned Barry Bonds. How often do you seen Barry Bonds getting beaned by a pitcher? Then Mulder beaned another guy. Then the Giants brought in a new pitcher who beaned Mulder while he was up at bat, and who was then thrown out by the umpire. Then another pitcher and the manager got ejected from the game. So much drama.

My friend was hoping to see a Giants player hit a home run, and JT Snow who was pinch hitting, made her wish come true. Barry Bonds was walked by Mulder and earned the title of having the most walks in baseball.

Not a bad game for someone's first game at SBC park. Then we decided to go home because the fog was rolling in, and we were predicting that the fireworks were going to be all fogged out and sure enough they were. The fog spoils almost all the July 4th fireworks displays in San Francisco. I watched the sadly fogged out fireworks spectacle on TV. I would have been really bummed to have stood there in the freezing foggy cold to see what I saw on TV.

No comments: