Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, May 22, 2005

I rented the movie "I Robot" and I think I might have to get the DVD. Not that the movie is that good, but the comnentary by director Alex Proyas and Akiva Goldsman is so fantastic. They actually tell you what when went into the writing of the movie, and as a lesson in how to write a screenplay it's very informative.

I think it's the best commentary I've ever heard on a movie. Usually they are so boring, but this one is very, very good. Akiva Goldsman wrote "A Beautiful Mind" and I think was also brought in to write "The Da Vinci Code". I have a book where he's quoted and he said he attended Robert McKee screenwriting seminar and after that, sold his first screenplay. Funny huh? Just like the guy in the movie "Adaptation".

The weekend of June 11 has three seminars that I badly want to take. I'm already paid for a seminar called "Creating the love relationship" that you want, which has an 85% success rate. I met a woman who met her husband shortly after she took the seminar and she said he was 95% of what she wrote up she wanted in the seminar.

Robert McKee is also doing his three day "Story" seminar that weekend here in San Francisco, a location that he rarely uses. Then there's a seminar on that new energy psychology technique I discovered called "EFT". If you''re not into energy psychology, it's like the latest and greatest new thing. I took a 3-hour seminar on EFT in April, but couldn't stay for the whole thing.

So I'm like love, screenwriting or emotional freedom ... hmmmmmm. I'm already registered for the love seminar and they've already cashed my check. But Robert McKee, I mean when is he ever going to be in San Francisco. And EFT, who doesn't want emotional freedom.

But ... I guess love wins out every time. 85% success rate ... that's an amazing stat for a seminar on how to find your perfect love. And 95%. I don't think I've gotten more than 50% of what I've wanted in a relationship. I know you can't have 100%, but I didn't think you get 95%. I thought it was more like 50% and up to 75% if you were really, really lucky. But 95% .... that's like a frickin' miracle!

No comments: