Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, May 06, 2005

I went to see "Kung Fu Hustle" tonight, and it was an "excellent, excellent" movie! I've got to kick a movie out of my top 10 list, so I can add Kung Fu Hustle. It's a fantastic spoof of the hong kong kung fu movie genre and steals from The Matrix, Gangs of New York, and as one review noticed Fred Astaire movies as well. There were some sequences that reminded me of my fave Bollywood movie "Lagaan" as well.

The movie is funny, fast paced, really really cute and sweet, and it has some of the best body parts hacked off nd flying all over the screen that I've seen in a long time. Gotta love a movie that has awesome violence in it! Plus of course, the kung fu is spectacular and puts the Matrix series to shame. And it doesn't take itself so seriously like "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", a movie where the fighting special effects were just a little too over the top and laughable really.

The movie was written and directd by Stephen Chow, who also wrote and directed "Shaolin Soccer" a movie I wanted to see but never got around to. Now I definitely have to see it and everything else he's written and directed.

"Kung Fu Hustle" is so fun I think I'm going to have to buy the DVD.

No comments: