Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, May 05, 2005

So I think I figured out perhaps a few reasons why I can't write at my pct at home.

Back in 2002 while I was desperately trying to finish my screenplay to enter into a contest and watching the SF Giants and the Angels world series, my pc died. It took about two weeks to get someone to build me a new computer. Because I didn't back anything up, I had the pc guy install my old hard drives into my new computer.

When my computer died, I lost about a day's work on my screenplay and I believe some of my enthusiasm for writing. That was back in October 2002. I somehow managed to keep writing because I did Nanowrimo that year and started my second novel.

Then in May 2003 I moved, and I worked at home which was shocking and weird and made me not want to write. But I did manage to write and start my third novel, which I'm still trying to finish. Then in March 2004 I started a new job, which was again shocking and disruptive but I did try to write, only I wrote on paper at cafes and into my palm pilot.

And now that I have my new laptop, I'm thinking that my two year old computer is so slow and needs a new chip and if I replace the 256 memory chip with a 512 memory chip maybe I'll want to sit down and write at my pc again. Plus if I upgrade from windows 2000 to windows xp professional and uprgrade my software from office 2000 to office 2004, my home pc will run much faster which will make me want to actually sit down and use it.

I could probably just keep writing using my laptop, but it would be nice to have my home pc as another option. Or I could just buy one of them new macintosh pc computers, and own a mac like I've always fantasized about.

No comments: