Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, July 02, 2005

I'm in Pacific Grove for the July 4th holiday. Pacific Grove is home to the famous Pebble Beach Golf Course, Asilomar Conference Center and 17 Mile Drive. Pacific Grove is next to Montery, which has the Monterey Bay Aquarium and Cannery Row. Monterey is very touristy and Pacific Grove is more laid back. I'm a block away from the beach, and thankfully the place is chock full of great restaurants.

For lunch I had a millionaire margarita, which had a splash of grand marinier on the top and was made with fresh lime juice and very expensive tequilla. I also had crab ravioli in a tomato cream sauce topped with blackened swordfish, which was so fabulous and to splurge I feasted on a mocha cream cheese cake. The restaurant was called "Fishwife" and is right next to the beach.

For dinner I had fresh tuna sashimi and rice at a place called Ocean Sushi. The owner of the restaurant had a diploma up on the wall which said he graduated from some cooking school in Osaka Japan.

Sadly the weather here is like where I live in San Francisco, all fogged over. Hopefully tomorrow it will be sunnier. I am a block away from the beach, and it would be nice to have a sunny beach day.

I'm going back to Fishwife tomorrow to try their calamari and crab cake appetizers. The menu also features a calamari sandwich, which is something I've never eaten and am dying to try. I love calamari if it's cooked right.

No comments: