Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Yes, I am still around but work has been crazy these last few weeks and I've been tired to write anything in my blog. I've been however busily taking notes on my next novel, and I think I am almost ready to start writing it.

This will be Book 1 of my elfgirl series, which I've renamed to "The Elf Chronicles". Oh well, no elf girl because my new writing partner said I was alienating boys from reading the story.

The title of Book 1 will be "The Price of the Future". I've got so many notes, and I think I have the plot almost all fleshed out.

I write with my new writing partner every Wednesday. We eat, and then go to her place and seriously write for an hour. We've been doing it all September, although now we're thinking of changing the day to maybe Tuesday and adding another day.

On the weekends, I've been going to the coffee house to write or type up my notes. And now this week I've gone back to working out.

What else? Oh yeah, I am job hunting again. I applied to six jobs last Tuesday, and have gotten two call backs this week. I had one phone screening interview today only to find out the job doesn't pay what I make. Oh well.

I had another screening interview right afterwards, and again found out they don't pay what I make but the woman said she was going to try and see what she could do. I'm not hopeful because it's a small place, but I told them I'd like to interview anyway. I need to start practicing my interviewing skills.

This job that I may interview at is going to administer the health plan that Mayor Gavin Newsom is proposing for residents of San Francisco. It's an exciting opportunity I think, and I would take a lateral to work for this place. I am still a firm believer in socialized medicine and would love to work for a company that is involved in bringing it to San Francisco residents.

OH NO! My liberal streak is showing! Yikes ....

No comments: