Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, March 11, 2024

I've had a rough weekend, so I fell behind in bible reading posts and am getting caught up.

Day 67 Bible Reading

Leviticus 17 & 18, Mark 14: 17-42, Psalm 35: 19-28

Mark 14: 27 (ESV)

“And Jesus said to them, “You will all fall away, for it is written, ‘I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered.”

I was listening to a commentary from David Guzik on verse 27 from Mark 14, and he said when Jesus made this prediction to his disciples it was because he knew their minds and what they would do before they did. It made me wonder if Jesus knows the minds of all of his followers like he knew the minds of his disciples. Does he know what we’re going to do before we do it? Does he see all of our choices and waits to see what choices will we make? I like to think Jesus knows my mind, but I’m also of the opinion that he waits to see if I will make the right choice. He is so patient with me. More patient than I am with myself. And when I make a mistake, he leads me to ways of repentance with kindness and firmness. That’s my experience of Christ at least. What is yours?

No comments: