Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Day 63 Bible Reading - Mark 12: 10-11 (ESV)

Leviticus 11 & 12, Mark 12: 1-27, Psalm 34: 1-10

Mark 12: 10-11 (ESV)

“Have you not read this Scripture: “The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; was the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes?”

I’ve always liked verses 10-11 from Mark 12, and I found this bible commentary from David Guzik very intriguing.

“Jesus is often likened unto a stone or a rock in the Bible. He is the rock of provision that followed Israel in the desert (1 Corinthians 10: 4). He is the stone of stumbling (1 Peter 2: 8). He is the stone cut without hands that crushes the kingdoms of this world (Daniel 2: 45).”

I like thinking of Jesus as the stone of stumbling for those caught in their old ways. Christ will make you stumble to see the light.

No comments: