Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, March 11, 2024

Day 68 Bible Reading

Leviticus 19 & 20, Mark 14: 43-72, Psalm 36

Mark 14: 72 (ESV)

“And immediately the rooster crowed a second time. And Peter remembered how Jesus had said to him, “Before the rooster crows twice, you will deny me three times.” And he broke down and wept.”

Whenever I read verse 72 from Mark 14, I often wonder how Peter felt. Jesus had told him what would happen, and he didn’t believe him despite having seen all the miracles and healings that Jesus had performed. I’ve been listening to David Guzik’s bible commentaries, and he said that Peter made the mistake of not praying before answering Jesus. Would Peter’s actions have changed had he prayed? Did he even have time to pray in the moment? Peter comes across as a passionate guy and I’m not sure he’s the type of person who would have stopped and prayed before he spoke? But I think David Guzik has a point nonetheless. Before we speak or do anything, we need to pray. In prayer we may come to know our own mind better, and may make different decisions, different choices. Maybe not but I like to think it might make a difference.

No comments: