Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Day 70 Bible Reading

Leviticus 23 & 24, Mark 15: 33-47, Psalm 37: 10-20

Mark 15: 39 (ESV)

“And when the centurion, who stood facing him, saw that in this way he breathed his last, he said, “Truly this man was the Son of God!”

I’ve always liked verse 39 from Mark 15 because it makes me wonder what the centurion saw while Jesus was dying on the cross to make him utter that statement. I love The Chosen TV series, and there is so much speculation on whether the centurion who is quoted in Mark 15 will be Atticus or Quintus. Was the centurion referring to change in weather that was happening when Christ was being crucified? Was there something specific in Jesus’ face that the centurion witnessed? My imagination runs wild when I think about what the centurion saw at Jesus’ crucifixion. I like that the centurion was another gentile who has recognized the divinity of Christ. I wonder what I would have said had I been there at the crucifixion as a gentile.

No comments: