Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Day 71 Bible Reading

Leviticus 25 & 26: 1-13, Mark 16, Psalm 37: 21-31

Leviticus 26: 1 (ESV)

“You shall not make idols for yourselves or erect an image or pillar, and you shall not set up a figured stone in your land to bow down to it, for I am the Lord your God.”

Verse 1 from Leviticus 26 has been part of prayers to God these last few weeks. It feels like the Holy Spirit is convicting me of making idols of people I follow on social media. I love great thinkers and people who predict future trends. I daily read their Substack articles, listen to their podcasts, and read everything they post on X. They have become my new “idols”. But there is no greater thinker than God and no one can predict future trends because God has the final say on what will eventually trend in our lives. I still read their posts on X and read whatever they post on Substack, but I’ve decided to not listen to their podcasts since they take up more time. Do I miss the podcasts? Yes, because I would listen to them while doing other things. Will I go back to listening to them? Eventually, but not until I can listen to what my “idols” say while still remembering that God is ultimate authority in the world.

No comments: