Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, March 15, 2024

Day 73 Bible Reading

Numbers 1, Luke 1: 27-38, Psalm 38: 1-11

Luke 1: 38 (ESV)

“And Mary said, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.”

I love Mary’s total obedience to what the angel told her in verse 38 of Luke 1. She did not hesitate and had no doubts. She just said “Yes” because she was a servant of the Lord. I wish I had that kind of faith where I am an “automatic yes” to God, but I don’t. There’s always that seed of doubt in my mind. Sometimes it’s just a tiny whisper and other times it’s a loud roar when Holy Spirit tells me to do something, but it’s rarely a “Yes”. I wish I had Mary’s kind of faith in God’s promises and words. I think it will take a lifetime of living for me to get to a “Yes”. But it’s worth trying because it makes me wonder what kind of life I would have if I was an “automatic Yes” to God. 

No comments: