Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Day 75 Bible Reading

Numbers 4, Luke 1: 57-80, Psalm 39

Psalm 39: 4 (ESV)

“O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am!”

Verse 4 from Psalm 39 is an interesting way to pray to God. David is asking God for wisdom to know how fleeting and short his life is in this world. If we had the wisdom to know how frail and short our life really is, we might pray for different things. It will force us to put a value on the things in our life because of the frailty of our lives. I think David is saying to us that if we only knew how short our life is, we would pray to have a better relationship with God. If our life is that short, the only thing in our life that is real and lasting is God and our relationship to him.

No comments: