Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Day 76 Bible Reading

Numbers 5-6, Luke 2: 1-20, Psalm 40: 1-6

Luke 2: 9-12

“And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with great fear. And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”

I’ve also loved these verses from Luke 2. It makes me wonder how the shepherds felt and what they thought when the Angel started speaking to them.  Were they scared and freaked out? They have been praying like all of Israel for a messiah for years, and now the angel told them that the messiah was born. And this messiah was born in the most humblest of circumstances because he was lying in a manger. I’m sure that is not how they were expecting the messiah to be born. I’m trying to imagine myself as a shepherd, who were in their day considered the poorest of people. They were nobodies. Would I have believed what the angel was saying? I give the shepherds so much credit. They didn’t doubt what the angel was said and they made their way over to see the new messiah. These poor shepherds had so much faith.

No comments: