Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Getting caught up in Bible Reading posts. It's been another intense weekend for me, so I needed to take a break. 

Day 74 Bible Reading

Numbers 2-3, Luke 1: 39-56, Psalm 38: 12-22

Luke 1: 46-48 (ESV)

“And Mary said, “My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant.”

I like verses 46-48 from Luke 1, which is Mary’s song of praise to God. I like the metaphor of a person’s soul becoming a magnifying glass, and making God appear to be clear and in focus. I also think of a magnifying glass as a tool to help build a fire, so Mary’s soul will help awaken the fire in people when they read her words. I want my soul to be a magnifying glass to help people see God in a clear way, to help others pierce the veil so they can see the wonders of God.

No comments: