Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Getting caught up on Bible Readings. I saw The Chosen Season 4 episodes 7 and 8 on Monday March 4, and I was very moved and needed to take a break to digest what I watched. It was powerful season 4 finale. Don’t miss it in the theaters or when it comes out for free.

Day 62 Bible Reading

Leviticus 9 & 10, Mark 11: 27-33, Psalm 33: 12-22

Mark 11: 11 (ESV)

“So they answered Jesus, “We do not know.” And Jesus said to them, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things.””

I like verse 11 from Mark 11 when Jesus spoke to the scribes who asked him by what authority was Jesus doing all these things. Jesus told them he will answer their question if they can tell him if the baptism of John was heaven or man. Jesus knew that a follower of John or anyone who had seen John the Baptist would have thought about or pondered for themselves. I find it interesting that the scribes hadn’t even thought of this question and couldn’t give Jesus a good answer. These were supposedly learned men in the Torah who couldn’t give Jesus an answer based on their understanding of Torah. And that’s how Jesus caught them and didn’t answer their question. I like this verse because I have saying I always ask myself before I ask any serious question – “don’t ask questions you don’t know want to know or aren’t prepared for the answer you are going to get.”

No comments: