Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, July 26, 2002

I feel so restless today. I watch Pollock last night, because Jackson Pollock is one of my favorite painters. I think the movie captured how the great man painted and how revolutionary his painting was for his day. But boy, was he messed up in the head. The movie really showed what an mean drunk Pollock was. I mean, really mean and nasty, like a total Jekyll and Hyde kind of guy. It's too bad too because he only seemed to paint well when he was sober.

The last hour of the movie was really hard to watch because you had to watch this great artist destroy himself with his alcoholism. I mean, Pollock would drink and totally binge drink and end up, who knows how many days later, dirty and passed out in some alley. It's really sad because he died at age 44. Who know what other art ground he would have broken had he just been able to keep shit together?

I think I feel restless becaus I feel this incredible urge to shop. But every time I go shopping, I can't find anything I want to buy. Clothes look really boring to me and cheap looking. The things I really want I don't really want to spend the money on right now, like a new laptop.

All of a sudden, I have this major urge to buy a laptop. And not one of those sleeek new ones either, but a workshorse that I can take places that is 5 pounds and under. In my job in 1999/2000 I had an IBM laptop, which was such a workhorse. When I would bring the laptops on trips, I would totally abuse it and it would still work. I think I need a laptop that's veruy strong and won't crumble after lots of heavy use or being jostled around in my bag.

But I'm way too cheap and the most I think would spend is $700 or less. I saw a laptop at Costco for about $1,000 but I need to research the brand that was on sale. Ideally, I would like an IBM because, well I had one before and it worked for me. I had a Sony Vaio too but I hated the stupid mouse thing on it. The bottom of the Sony Vaio also would get really hot after two hours of battery use and it felt really flimsy. No, the IBM or maybe a Dell would work for me. I think the Costco laptop was a Compaq, but I haven't had any experience with this brand.

I don't know why I even need a laptop. My little baby laptop was great to travel with and I was able to log onto the Net without a problem. The laptop just seems attractive right now because I can't write screenplays on my baby laptop. I can't load screenwriting software unless it was built fo pocket word and no one makes software for pocket word. I can't import any macros to even write screenplays, because pocket word can't read the macros. But for eveyrthing else, like writing regular stories, the babY laptop can't be beat.

I'm think that if my company hands out the raises that were due this year in April, I'll have enought money to buy a really cheap one. If not, I'll have to wait for Christmas and hopefully laptop prices will have totally dropped by then.

I wanted to go see Reign of Fire today, but I have to go down to UPS to pick up my package. The company that I buy my vitamins decided to send my package by UPS instead of USPS, which is their normal procedure. I hate when companies switch carriers like that. It totally pissed me off because it's so much easeir fo rme to get packages via USPS then by UPS. Maybe I'll see Reign of Fire on Monday night instead.

What else? There was news on the radio that some plane was buzzing around the financial district today. How scary. I'm sure most people thought it was some crazy suicide bomber about to crash into the Transamerica pyramid or something. It turns out it was just someone taking pictures, but what kind of pictures is this guy taking. New places to bomb US?

No comments: