Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, July 17, 2002

I'm probably the only woman in America who doesn't like "Sex in the City". I don't have cable premium channels so I don't watch it, and from what I've seen of it, I didn't like it. It's boring! Why would I want to watch skinny women dressed in what looks like very ugly clothes and shoes and their totally boring lives?

Honestly, I tried to watch it and I did try to relate to it, but I couldn't and I love clothes and fashion and have been a serious Vogue reader since I was 13 years old. I think their clothes are pretty trashy and those shoes! Do they have jobs? I wouldn't be taken seriously in any fortune 500 company meeting worth their salt if I walked in wearing shoes like that.

But maybe that's the difference. I actually work for a living and spent time climbing the corporate ladder where I competed with men and sometimes other women for position and power. If I behaved at all or dressed like any of the girls in Sex and the City, I wouldn't be sitting in my cushy office right now in my cushy office job.

I guess people like watching fantasy shows, but isn't that what soap operas are for? And didn't people get enough of wanting to watch fantasy shows with old shows like Dallas, Falcon Crest and Dynasty?

The pink section on Sunday had all these articles on the Sex and the City girls. BORING! This is one cultural phenomenon I'm glad I'm missing and I don't think I'm alone.

No comments: