Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, July 16, 2002

It's weird to be back at work after two weeks of vacation. The traffic on 19th Ave and South 280 was slow as usual. My office looked the same and when I asked the receptionist if anything had happened while I was away, she said "nothing important".

I didn't listen to my usual radio shows while on vacation, so it's kind of odd to hear Jim Rome ranting about something like he's doing now. Somehow The Jungle and vacation in West Virginia weren't very compatible. The house I was staying at was so far away that I couldn't get good radio reception anyway. And the time zone thing threw me off since the two national radio shows I listen to are West Coast based and instead of listening to them at my regular time, I had to wait three hours.

I did the usual office thing and distributed gifts to the few choice people in my office, the receptionist since my office is near that area and the only other person in my group. Thank god there's only two of us and I didn't have to worry about buying a whole bunch of stuff. Then there's the present for "the kitchen", which is usually food. You put the food in the kitchen and magically it disappears. Who eats is is unknown, but in any office news of food in the kitchen travels fast.

For my kitchen gift, I bought some fudge made in West Viriginia and since I didn't buy any for myself, I had to eat a piece. It was very good. Authentic too since I bought some homemade fudge at John Henry Days in Talcott, West Virginia on Saturday July 13.

I stepped on the scale this morning and I gained the four pounds I lost in June, so now I have to go back on my strict eating plan to get back to the weight I was when I left. I'm also doing alot of cleansing remedies since I did nothing but chow on pork in all its glorious forms in West Virginia. From fatty tasty bacon, to pork sausage, sugar cured ham, countless numbers of shredded barbeque pork sandwiches, pork everything actually. Our hostess is also a fabulous baker and so of course we sampled all her cakes, corn pone, biscuits, and her homemade truffles.

I was so off my new kosher/levital diet, but I rationalized it by telling myself I was on vacation and it's not like I eat food like this all the time, if hardly ever. I think I'm going off meat until August just to get the pork and pork fat out of my already clogged arteries.

I drank my usual lemonade cleansing drink yesterday and had the worst headache. It freaked me out. Did I really eat that many toxins while on vacation? But it's so much fun to eat like a pig on vacation! It's like a free pass into the world of food and I never stick to my strict eating plan while far away from home. It's way too hard! I'm not a food nazi either and I don't ever want to force my weird way of eating on anyone, except my next husband. I'm hoping I marry a food freak like myself so I don't feel so strange about my odd food habits or guilty either.

At least it's warm where my office is. Our last few days in West Virginia were drizzly and raining and quite cold. Where the usual summer vacation weather is, god only knows. It wasn't in West Virginia. There were quite a few very muggy days, but not as many as I was told I should have had. Oh well. I hate muggy hot weather anyway. Maybe I brought the cold foggy weather from SF with me.

A two week vacation is great. It's just weird to be back in one's normal life when it's over.

No comments: