Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, July 24, 2002

Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm just getting too old and I just don't undertand things the way other people do. I saw another movie today on a friend's recommendation and I totally thought it was really bunky. And then I read the movie reviews, and as usual, me and the NY Times always agree. But other movie reviewers liked it, especially Salon.com. And that's typical because I completely disagree with anything that's on Salon.com anyway.

I don't know. Maybe Salon.com is a magazine for young people, gen x'ers and I'm just a little old for that generation. I just don't like social angst just to show social angst. I think social angst should have some kind of meaning, otherwise a movie about social angst just becomes some kind of self-congratulatory, over indulgent, masturbation fantasy of some typically WASP male guy. No, the world does not fricking revolve around your protagonist who's usually wasting away in some upper middle class suburb and contemplating suicide, drugs or better yet paranoid schizophrenia.

And then at the movie end doesn't revolve itself and I hate that. I mean, Salon.com talks about this guy having a vision, yeah a vision to the toilet boil maybe, after he's taken a dump. Honestly, what passes for a good movie these days is mind boggling. After watching this movie, my baseball movie to me is infinitely more entertaining than the crappy movie I just watched.

No comments: