Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, December 19, 2002

Because of the catholic priest sexual scandals, a catholic friend of mine just learned that both her brothers were sexually molested by their childhood catholic parish priest when they were altar boys. Her brothers finally had the courage to tell her after all these years.

My friend is incredibly bitter now, so this is her latest rant. The catholic church protects right of the unborn child, but not the rights of the living child. The catholic church is against abortion so their priests can have more children to sexually abuse. She says that the catholic church's whole pro-life stance is a joke to her now.

These are incredibly nasty comments, but I don't what to to say to her. I don't know how I'd feel if I found out one of my siblings was abused by a member of the clergy. I told her to pray to God for answers, but my friend is so mad at God and the catholic church right now. She's refusing to go to church, and she's a devout catholic. She's thinking of volunteering to work with groups to oust sexually abusive catholic priests from the church, and my friend is not the volunteer type.

It's hard to know what to say to anyone in this situation. I told her to seek professional counseling, perhaps even with her brothers. Maybe there are even support groups for this kind of stuff. She needs to talk to people who understands what she's going through. Just thinking about what that priest did her to her brothers makes me mad. Her brothers are nice guys, but kind of messed up. Now I know why.

No comments: