Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, December 09, 2002

Before my kergyma bible study class on Wednesday nights, I attend a half an hour evening prayer service. The service calms me down, and I find it relaxes me enough so that I can sit in bible study and really ponder what the bible means for my life right now.

The evening prayer service on Wednesday varies from week to week, and last week there was incense burning and we read and sang psalms for half an hour.

This line from Psalm 17 struck me during the service, and it's been bouncing around my head all week and I can't figure out why. This is the line.

"Weigh my heart, summon me by night, melt me down; you will find no impurity in me."

I think I like the "melt me down" part, although it occurs to me that being melted down is probably very painful. Sometimes I feel like I am being melted down, but for what purpose and to what end is a big mystery.

No comments: