Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, December 19, 2002

I have a link to this website called "Bibliography for Classical and Modern Political Theory". I love politics, and one of my dream jobs was to be political consultant. One of these days, I'm going to read all the books on the list. I've read about a quarter of them already.

A friend of mine became a political lobbyist in DC, and worked on getting the federal ballot to be printed in all the different languages. Her work sounds so glamorous, doesn't it? She's a democrat, so she's been at the White House with meetings with Leon Panetta and Bill Clinton. Her husband is also politically connected, and he went down to Florida during the 2000 election debacle to help out the democrats. Doesn't that sound fun?

The only thing about being a political consultant, is you have to choose a party. I'm a democrat, but I'd like to be able to pick and choose what project I work on. Sometimes the other side has great projects to work on, like welfare reform. Besides, I want to be a hired gun and work for the highest bidder. But politics is so partisan that you can't do that. Too bad!

No comments: