Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, December 18, 2002

My drummer friend guy called me last night and had this totally wild story to tell. My rock star drummer friend is a gas. His claim to fame is he was the one time drummer for the group Kansas, when they went on tour to Europe. My friend K did the the total rock star thing with Kansas and, according to him, slept with tons of groupies and was a total dog with them. Who knows if his stories are true, but we've been friends for a long time and he's the sweetest guy. When we go to the movies, dinner, anywhere, he always pays and if I was in trouble, I know I could call him and he would come running.

Anyway, so K calls me last night and says he just got done dating this woman who used to be married to some executive at that huge computer company in San Jose, the one that starts with a C, the company whose tag line is "the worldwide leader in networking for the internet". I don't want to mention the company name, so I can't get in trouble.

Anyway, K meets this woman on Craig's List personals, and the woman is totally wealthy, lives on the Peninsula and knows all the 49ers. She's in sales and makes about $400K a year. The woman tells him that the exec at C Systems, whom she was married to for 24 years, was totally abusive to her.

Then K says that she spent about $10K on the party he was throwing, which I totally forgot about and didn't attend. She also bought all this stuff for his house. They dated for about 4 months, but she was a mess and bipolar because she was in that totally abusive marriage with the exec from C Systems.

And I'm like thinking, some rich executive ex-wife trolling on Craig's List Personals for dates? That's wild, if it's true. But then it's K, and you can never tell with him whether he could be exagerrating or just making stuff up. I'm so tempted to go to the C Systems website to find out the name of the executive, since K said he was up at the site in the executive bios. I mean, is this juicy gossip or what? The woman was apparently some kind of frustrated sexual maniac as well, although sweet and generous and totally bipolar. K said he even went with her to pick her kid up at some ex 49er football player house.

Part of me thinks no way would a woman like this go out with my friend K, because he's not that cute. Then I feel bad for thinking that, because K is just not that attractive to me but he probably is to a ton of women. He's an ex rock star drummer for god's sake. That has so much pull with women, including with me. And like I said, the guy is a total sweetie, he's very engaging and charming, smart, and totally generous. He's way too skinny for my taste, but some women like that. He kind of looks like Jerry Seinfeld, only he's not jewish.

I wonder if his story is true. I wish I'd gone to this party now so I could have seen her, but I totally forgot about it. K was kind of mad at me for not showing up, and not calling to excuse myself, but he said he's over it now.

K is a good friend, but who knows if I can believe his dating stories. The stories are highly entertaining and if he is making them up, I am so jealous of his great imagination.

No comments: