Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, June 12, 2003

I bought tickets to go see the play "Wicked" with a friend. Another friend went to see it on opening night and loved it, but the SF Chron gave it a bad review. My friend who saw it on opening night, flies to NYC every year to see 5 or 6 broadway shows. She's very, very critical of theatre productions, and I almost hate going to theatre with her because if the show is bad she'll walk out or just complain and moan all night long. If my friend liked it, then I'll trust her opinion more than I would a newspaper review.

Now if I could just convince someone else to see "The Damnation of Faust" with me. Nobody I know likes french opera. Damnation got a great review, and the friends whom I've called said they will think about it.

I'll probably just end up going myself just because I don't want to miss it. I'm still bummed I missed the opera on St. Francis of Assisi, which was I heard spectacular.

No comments: