Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, June 02, 2003

I saw "The Three Sisters", a play by Anton Chekhov on Thursday at ACT. I so forgot how depressing Chekhov can be. I left the theatre in a daze.

On Saturday and Sunday, I was a good girl and worked out both days and then ran errands. I bought a new toilet seat cover, a new rug for the bathroom and new robe, which I found in the men's section on sales for $22. I also had to pick up gas at Costco, $1.65 a gallon, and then do some grocery shopping. When I grocery shop I always go to two or three different stores, so I grocery shopped on Saturday and Sunday.

I put my laundry in the car, thinking I would either do it Saturday or Sunday. I ended up going to a laundrymat on Saturday night, and listened to a couple of left wing freaks discuss the Iraq war. The two left wing freaks were talking about how igorant everyone else is, but these freaks were just as ignorant. One of the freaks was a woman who told the other freak, a guy, to check out the ANSWER website.

I wanted to interrupt and tell her that the only reason ANSWER sponsored the anti-war rallies is because they support Saddam Hussein, and want to overthrow the USA. ANSWER didn't sponsor the anti-war rallies because they were peace loving activists. DUH!!! They sponsored the antiwar rallies because they love Saddam Hussein, and all the other mass murdering dictators of the world.

The freak woman's car had stickers saying she worked for Department of Social Services for the city and county of San Francisco. She's a government worker, need I say more?

I could tell freak woman wanted to talk to me, but I avoided making eye contact. Honestly, I have no interest in engaging in conversation with ignorant people just to have a conversation. Call me snobby, call me antisocial, but what is the point of speaking to people who you know you'll get into an argument with. Life is stressful enough for me, without getting into an political argument with someone I don't know, and probably wouldn't want as a friend anyway.

The whole late on a Saturday night laundry scene freaked me out anyway. I wonder if I'll end up like the two left wing freaks talking politics. I kind of got the feeling that these people don't talk to very many people anyway, and they were desperate to engage someone, anyone in conversation. That is so depressing. I think I'd rather not talk to anyone than to engage in mindless idiot conversations.

The two left wing freaks both reminded me of that older woman in Jane Austen's story "Emma", you know the older single one who just babbles incessantly. From what I could gather both left wing freaks were over 48 and single. It's like I was staring at my future, and I didn't like what I see.

I definitely need to get married again, or I'll end up like the two left freaks in a laundrymat late on a Saturday night. Heck, I'm not even their age and already I'm doing my laundry late on a Saturday night.

MEMO TO SELF: Do not do your laundry on Saturday night ever again! It's way to depressing!

No comments: