Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, June 20, 2003

I'm going to a barbeque tonight in the burbs filled with some friends who are total wine snobs. They love to talk about which wines they've bought, their cellar, which bottles are almost "fit to drink", etc. BORING!

Anyway, so I'm looking at my haphazard wine collection and trying to decide which wine to take. It's a barbeque, and they asked me in advance if I wanted to eat red meat or chicken/fish. I said chicken/fish, so I'm thinking I should probably bring a white wine to go with my meal.

I used to be really into chardonnay, but I'm not that into it anymore so I mostly buy pinot noirs, cabernet sauvignons and merlots.

The only whites I have that don't look that bad are a french white wine called sancerre and a chardonnay. I don't even remember why I bought the sancerre or where I bought it or how much it cost. I bought the chardonnay after having it as a restaurant, and I remembered that it didn't taste too bad.

Next, I tried looking up both wines on Google but could only find the reviews and prices for the chardonnay. I was surprised to find the chardonnay selling for $20. Did I even pay that much for the bottle?

I so want to bring "Chuch for a Buck" white wine, that Charles Shaw wine that was in the papers and retailing for $2-3 and is so hip to drink in the SF Bay Area right now. It's supposed to be really good wine for the price, but I don't think my wine snobs friends would appreciate this fact.

I think the best piece of information I've ever heard about bringing wine to party was "when in doubt, bring the wine the costs the most." Guess it's going to be a chardonnay night - La Crema 2000 Chardonnay.

No comments: