Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, June 17, 2003

The Oakland A's and the San Francisco Giants are playing each other for the next six games.

I'm torn. I love the A's. They are a young good looking, Backstreet Boys team, with a genius of a general manager in Billy Beane and the best 3 starting pitchers in the game. They're young, scrappy, and they've got one of the smallest payrolls of any teams, yet they manage to be at the top of their league every year.

A's management are geniuses at developing players and picking up great players that have been turned down by other teams. They are an underdog player's friends, always willing to value skills above anything else. What's not to love? They're the underdog team of underdog teams.

But I live in the city and county of San Francisco, so I also love the San Francisco Giants because they're the home team with the great stadium. They're the team I've gone to see at least once a year with friends, they're the team I feel honour bound to root for, because they're something so cool about rooting for the home team.

But I love my A's, I love my babies. But I have to also love the home team.

Mark Purdy from the Merc News has a great take on the series, A's vs. Giants means much to both teams.

I hope they split the series, A's winning one, the Giants winnning the other, then I'd be happy. I wouldn't feel bad that I love two great baseball teams for two totally different reasons.

Go A's! Go Giants!

No comments: