Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, June 19, 2003

On my lunch hour I decided to watch the new reality tv show I taped last night, "Boarding House: North Shore". It's from the guy who created the "Survivor" show, and it's about 7 professional surfers living in a house on the North Shore of Oahu and competing in this famous tournament called the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing.

Wow, watching it made me feel like I was back in high school again when I used to dream about dating surfer boys and wore barely there bikinis.

All the guys in the series are so cute, but I think I have like a genetic weakness for surfer boys because I was born in Hawaii. The women are all young and blonde and can surf too.

But what I like most about the show is the surf scenes! Oh my god, they are so killer! I love watching surfers surf. I spent most of my life watching surfers surf, and it reminds me so much of home and growing up.

I love the way the guys talk too. They all sound like guys I went to high school with or guys I met when I spend that one summer down in San Diego. Guys don't like that up here, or if they do I'm not meeting them.

I did go on a blind date with a surfer once, and I probably only went out with him because he said he surfed. He wasn't really my type, and I was so disappointed because I thought he would be like the surfer guys I knew in high school.

I thought he'd be tall, tanned, have that valley boy voice like he could be in the Jetsons cartoon or something, and have this great body and looked like he worked out. Instead, he was short, not tanned and didn't even look he lifted weights or went outdoors in the sun or anything. It was such a bummer!

I'm sure the guy did surf at some point in his life, but like not in the last five years of me meeting him.

Even if he was true surfer guy, dating him would probably be an un-fun as it was high school. Surfer guys live for surf. Surf comes before anything else in their life. Say for instance you'd had this date planned for months in advance. If killer waves were breaking, surfer guy would dump you to go surfing.

One thing that the surf show got right, which was very surprising, is they have a christian surfer from Florida. There's a whole segment of the surfer population that are born again christians, and that group has been around since I was in high school.

You'd only this fact if you follow the surfing scene or have been around it for a long time. The producers must have done their homework.

No comments: