Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, June 23, 2003

So I had my first brush with a "liberal christian scholar", Marcus Borg. A friend from church was raving about him, and since the church was doing a video seminar series on him, I decide to attend a session.

The guy has some good things to say, but his underlying assumptions just freaked me out. One of the things he said was, he didn't think that people could fully believe in the resurrection of christ. That really steamed me. Maybe he can't in his mind believe in the resurrection, but that doesn't mean other people can't.

Thank god, the ex-catholic brother guy was in the seminar because he's really smart and knows his jesus stuff. Steve said that Borg represented a minority viewpoint, and that Borg didn't even represent the mainstream of christian thought.

Steve then went on to talk about a couple of other biblical scholars, and said we needed to study their views as well. I was so happy when he said that.

I wish I'd written their names down though, because now I'm going to have to attend the rest of the seminar to get their names. DARN!

I don't know if I can sit through another seesion of some bible scholar telling me I'm psychotic for believing in the resurrection.

I hate when Bible study freaks me out.

No comments: