Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

So no, I haven't bought the new Harry Potter book out yet even though I did see it at the bookstore on Saturday.

The bookstore here only sells the Scholastic americanized version, and I own the children's box set paperback version from Bloomsbury.

If I want to read Harry Potter, I'm going to have to buy it through Amazon UK, because they have the Brit version with all the cute Brit words like lift for elevator and jumper for sweater.

What's the point of reading the story of an english wizzie boy named Harry Potter, if you're not going to read it in the original dialect of Britspeak?

Speaking of Britspeak, I watche the movie "Sexy Beast" last night. It was brilliant with Ben Kingsley, whom I still think of as Ghandi, playing Dan Logan a nasty git of a gangster with this unbelievable cockney accent. It had shades of some other brit dialect I've heard as well, like it had traces of Welsh or something.

Like I would really know the nuances of Brit dialect, but he definitely didn't have a scouser accent like the Beatles. And the only reason I know what "scouser" is because I dated an english semi-professional soccer player, and he was from Southport scouser cutie!

No comments: